Investors Visa

In order to qualify for an initial grant of leave in this category you must:

  • have money of your own, under your control, held in a regulated financial institution, and which is disposable in the UK, amounting to not less than £2 million.
  • have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2million in the UK.
  • investment is by way of United Kingdom Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading United Kingdom registered companies.
Under this route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability because, while you are allowed to work in the UK if you wish to, you should not need to work.  You will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because, if you have the required investment funds, you will be able to support yourself in the UK without needing help from public funds.